Forum Archive

You're at the forum archive. The forums were taken down years ago due to some unfortunate astroturfing attempts by a couple retailers. At the time, I was very concerned about exposing readers to a bunch of input-that-might-be-fake, or creating a situation where the well-behaved retailers were at a disadvantage.

However, because a number of readers had posted helpful comments & reviews, and I didn't want to see it all vanish into oblivion permanently, I kept a backup around. What you're seeing now is that backup (almost 7 years old now - don't ask how I managed to get it running again...). Things are a bit scattered, and you can't post anything new (the buttons have all been disabled), but the original content is here if you're interested.

ordered 6 weeks ago no glasses how do i get my money back???

EyeglassRetailerReviews.com Forum Index -> VALUEglasses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AuthorMessage
Lisa331

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:32 pmApr 23, 2006    Post subject: ordered 6 weeks ago no glasses how do i get my money back???

This is the most terrible online shopping experience ever! I bought a pair of glasses about 6 weeks ago and I have not received them yet. I tried to call them at least 20 times and no one ever answered. I also emailed over a dozen times but nobody replied. Horrible experience and I am not sure how to get my money back!
jps

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:40 amApr 24, 2006    Post subject:

If you paid by credit card or PayPal, file a complaint. I've done this a few times (mostly eBay + PayPal) over the past few years, and got my money back every time but one (when PayPal found in my favor, but since the seller's account was empty PayPal couldn't refund my money).

If you paid by check or money order, I don't have any suggestions.

I have the same problem as you: 5 weeks, no glasses, and no contact from the seller. What number do you have to call? I've tried the following numbers; both were out-of-service on Friday afternoon: (818) 232-7427 and (818) 268-8068.

The delay doesn't bother me, but being unable to contact the seller does. ValueGlasses, are you listening? People are going to see all these complaints and choose to buy elsewhere.
lisa331

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:28 pmApr 24, 2006    Post subject: Thanks for the post

Hey jps, Thanks for your info. I paid by credit card and I just called my bank they say I can file for Fraud. Then I can get back my credits and they will go after the company. Well hope it's true.

I called all the numbers listed on their web and also the number shown on my credit card bill but nobody ever answered. Losing 40 dollars is not my major concern but I'm afraid the company will use my credit card info in illegal ways.

Anyways, keep me posted on when you get the glasses. I'll let you know if I get mine.

Lisa=)
EyeglassRetailerReviews.com Forum Index -> VALUEglassesAll times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Finished with the forums? Click here to head back to the main Eyeglass Retailer Reviews site.