Forum Archive

You're at the forum archive. The forums were taken down years ago due to some unfortunate astroturfing attempts by a couple retailers. At the time, I was very concerned about exposing readers to a bunch of input-that-might-be-fake, or creating a situation where the well-behaved retailers were at a disadvantage.

However, because a number of readers had posted helpful comments & reviews, and I didn't want to see it all vanish into oblivion permanently, I kept a backup around. What you're seeing now is that backup (almost 7 years old now - don't ask how I managed to get it running again...). Things are a bit scattered, and you can't post anything new (the buttons have all been disabled), but the original content is here if you're interested.

Frustrating experience - very disappointed with O4L

EyeglassRetailerReviews.com Forum Index -> Optical4less
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AuthorMessage
maiea

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:31 amAug 18, 2006    Post subject: Frustrating experience - very disappointed with O4L

After all the great, glowing reviews about O4L, I decided to order a pair of glasses with them, and it's been an extremely frustrating experience.

In short, it is now over 2 months and I have yet to receive a pair of glasses that I can use!

The long story is this: I ordered a pair of glasses w/plastic frames, and paid the extra $35 for the lenses since my prescription is quite high. (I basically paid $64 for my pair of glasses.)

I received a pair within 2 weeks that looked very nicely constructed, and I was pleased with them, until I started to try to wear the glasses. They gave me headaches each time I tried to wear them, and emailed their customer service. We ended up emailing back and forth for about a week until it was determined that my glasses were made with the wrong prescription!

At this point, they offered to make me a new pair since it was their error. Two weeks later - still no glasses so I contacted their customer service again. I was assured that they were made and that they had already been mailed to me, but this time they did not send via registered mail so the package could not be tracked.

Another two weeks later, I still had not received the glasses, so I emailed customer service again and told them that it had been over a month since I was told a 2nd pair was being made, and about 2 months since I placed my order and PAID for the order, and have yet to receive a wearable pair of glasses from O4L. This was a week ago, and I have not received ANY REPLY from O4L. It seems they ignored my email.

At this point, I don't know if I will ever get a pair of glasses from them of my correct prescription, but I am sure I will never order from O4L again and strongly advise people to NOT order from them. If they send you a correct prescription the 1st time around, then you're lucky, but if they have made any mistake, it's a NIGHTMARE.
wanderer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:21 pmSep 03, 2006    Post subject:

maiea, that's terrible! to think that i was about to purchase from optical4less too...is there nothing else you can do? i was perusing their site, and they actually don't have an explicit 100% quality guarantee. i think what would be most effective is to post your negative experience in other public forums (redflagdeals.com, etc) to caution others - once their sales start hurting, i think they'll start to be more attentive to rectifying their errors.
maiea

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:58 amSep 04, 2006    Post subject:

wanderer wrote:
maiea, that's terrible! to think that i was about to purchase from optical4less too...is there nothing else you can do? i was perusing their site, and they actually don't have an explicit 100% quality guarantee. i think what would be most effective is to post your negative experience in other public forums (redflagdeals.com, etc) to caution others - once their sales start hurting, i think they'll start to be more attentive to rectifying their errors.

Hmm, I'm not really registered on many forums, I only registered here because I was (still am) so frustrated. To date, I have not received a replacement pair.

I did however, email their customer service again and basically the lady I was talking to in the past (about the wrong prescription and getting a replacement) seems to have completely forgotten about my situation, so I had to re-state the problem to her - took about a week of emailing back and forth to clarify this issue. Anyway, she told me exactly the same thing as before, that they made a replacement pair and sent it to me. But here it is, September now, and I still don't have this so-called "replacement pair". I just don't know what to do. I want my money back, and I've since ordered glassed from Goggles4U, and at least those arrived in satisfactory time and are the correct prescription.
maiea

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:39 amOct 21, 2006    Post subject:

Okay, my final update to this thread.

I emailed O4L a week ago telling them the glasses still haven't arrived, and at what point would they consider them lost in the mail?

Their reply was that they do consider them lost after 2 months, but it is not their problem that the post service lost them.

To say I am extremely disappointed with O4L is an understatement. I am furious that I paid them $65 for glasses and have not much (frames?) to show for it.
hulahope

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:15 amDec 19, 2006    Post subject: Optical4less are shocking

Had exactly the same experience. Incorrect set of glassess sent. I asked them to post me a new lense, and they would not. So I returned the package and they have now ignored every single email I've sent. Rubbish product and rubbish service. Avoid like the plague.
EyeglassRetailerReviews.com Forum Index -> Optical4lessAll times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Finished with the forums? Click here to head back to the main Eyeglass Retailer Reviews site.