Forum Archive

You're at the forum archive. The forums were taken down years ago due to some unfortunate astroturfing attempts by a couple retailers. At the time, I was very concerned about exposing readers to a bunch of input-that-might-be-fake, or creating a situation where the well-behaved retailers were at a disadvantage.

However, because a number of readers had posted helpful comments & reviews, and I didn't want to see it all vanish into oblivion permanently, I kept a backup around. What you're seeing now is that backup (almost 7 years old now - don't ask how I managed to get it running again...). Things are a bit scattered, and you can't post anything new (the buttons have all been disabled), but the original content is here if you're interested.

anybody tried a gradient tint glasses? plz share.

EyeglassRetailerReviews.com Forum Index -> EyeglassRetailerReviews.com Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AuthorMessage
XEN

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:51 pmJul 09, 2006    Post subject: anybody tried a gradient tint glasses? plz share.

great forum, very information.
I hope to see more reviews in te future on sunglasses with prescription lenses in them Smile i've worn glasses since i was young and always admired those cool looking people wearing sunglasses Surprised

I'm looking to get one of those sunglasses and have my own RX lenses added in. But I'm still thinking as to add tint or not. I'm going to be using it for school and many many hours a day, so im thinking it probably might be weird. Nothing is going to be white, you know what i mean? So ive almost ruled out that option. But I came upon the option of "gradient tinting" and it sounds cool. I mean, what do you think? I'll use the bottom half for school when color is of importance (seeing my surrounding properly).

Anyone tried Gradient tinted glasses/sunglasses?? whats your experience, please post.

Thanks!! Very Happy

p.s. i also considered really low percentage fashion tinting.. but is it kind of a waste.. most people won't notice it and kind of a waste of money...
XEN

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:39 pmJul 09, 2006    Post subject:

I think the best solution is for me to get transition lenses with AR (if not too expensive)..

what is the reasonable price for transition lenses? can they be extra thin??
jps

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:21 amNov 04, 2006    Post subject:

This reply is months late, but I happened to get a nice gradient NON-prescription pair of sunglasses for free recently. The top is about 60% grey, the bottom fully clear. They look cool!!! I use them frequently in situations other than bright sunlight where I don't have to "see well".

I like the gradient tint and would certainly consider it for a prescription purchase. I have to raise my head (as if looking out of bifocals) to read something because the top is too dark, but that's the only drawback I've seen. Perhaps if they were prescription, I wouldn't have to do that.

My experience with transition lenses has been so-so. They darken to only 60% at most, so you still need prescription sunglasses for bright sunlight. But transitions are handy when you're in lower light, or just walking from your car to the store, etc. Sometimes I'm glad I have them, sometimes I'm annoyed that I must change to sunglasses anyway. I would recommend getting them only with "large" lenses, else you're paying a lot of money for nothing more than fashion tinting.
EyeglassRetailerReviews.com Forum Index -> EyeglassRetailerReviews.com ForumAll times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Finished with the forums? Click here to head back to the main Eyeglass Retailer Reviews site.