Forum Archive

You're at the forum archive. The forums were taken down years ago due to some unfortunate astroturfing attempts by a couple retailers. At the time, I was very concerned about exposing readers to a bunch of input-that-might-be-fake, or creating a situation where the well-behaved retailers were at a disadvantage.

However, because a number of readers had posted helpful comments & reviews, and I didn't want to see it all vanish into oblivion permanently, I kept a backup around. What you're seeing now is that backup (almost 7 years old now - don't ask how I managed to get it running again...). Things are a bit scattered, and you can't post anything new (the buttons have all been disabled), but the original content is here if you're interested.

Read before Registering!

EyeglassRetailerReviews.com Forum Index -> MyOptics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AuthorMessage
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:31 amJan 21, 2007    Post subject: Read before Registering!

After registering, you MUST EMAIL ME at eyeglassretailerreviews@gmail.com before your account will be activated. Something to the effect of "Hi. My username is User123 (or whatever your username is). Please activate my account on the forums" is sufficient.

This is being done because of bots that auto-register themselves. I now have to manually activate each account, but since I usually get 10-20 bots trying to register each day, I need a way to distinguish real users from the bots. Sending me a short email with your username allows me to do this.

Again, after registering, send an email to eyeglassretailerreviews@gmail.com and put your username somewhere in the email, and I'll activate your account.

Thanks, and I apologize for the inconvenience.
EyeglassRetailerReviews.com Forum Index -> MyOpticsAll times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Finished with the forums? Click here to head back to the main Eyeglass Retailer Reviews site.