Forum Archive

You're at the forum archive. The forums were taken down years ago due to some unfortunate astroturfing attempts by a couple retailers. At the time, I was very concerned about exposing readers to a bunch of input-that-might-be-fake, or creating a situation where the well-behaved retailers were at a disadvantage.

However, because a number of readers had posted helpful comments & reviews, and I didn't want to see it all vanish into oblivion permanently, I kept a backup around. What you're seeing now is that backup (almost 7 years old now - don't ask how I managed to get it running again...). Things are a bit scattered, and you can't post anything new (the buttons have all been disabled), but the original content is here if you're interested.

Purchase Experience

EyeglassRetailerReviews.com Forum Index -> Optical4less
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AuthorMessage
armaraas

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:43 pmMar 23, 2006    Post subject: Purchase Experience

Ok, time for some feedback on Optical4Less. Order from there a little over 2 weeks ago, received an email about 1 week later that the glasses had, received them about a week after that. I was quite surprised at how quickly they got here (WI) from Hong Kong.

First impressions were pretty good. Came with 2 cleaning cloths and a case. The case isn't that great, (same with Zenni, I forgot to mention that), but the case isn't very important to me. I have several left over from the years of buying $300 glasses. And if I am only paying $40-80 for glasses, I'd rather the money spend on them then a good carrying case. Anyway, I ordered rimless, Hi Index 1.67 lenses. The total was around $77. The lenses are polished very clear which is kind of nice, makes them even less noticeable while wearing them (to others, not me). The frame I ordered feels very stury and strong. The glasses are pretty light, and the 1.67 hi index lens is noticably thinner than the 1.59 that others sites have (like Zenni Optical). However, I am not sure if they are that much thinner that it is a neccessity to order them, though if your prescription is too high you may not have a choice. The presciption is accurate to what I gave them, though I am suspicious of getting a bad prescription from the Dr, so I am getting that doubled checked this weekend. I seem to be able to see just as well if not better with my older glasses, so I am afraid they increased my prescription with one eye unneccessarily. If I find that out to be true I will most likely order another pair from Optical4less. It was a pretty good buying experience and I am happy with the glasses. For now this site comes highly recommended from me.
EyeglassRetailerReviews.com Forum Index -> Optical4lessAll times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Finished with the forums? Click here to head back to the main Eyeglass Retailer Reviews site.