Forum Archive

You're at the forum archive. The forums were taken down years ago due to some unfortunate astroturfing attempts by a couple retailers. At the time, I was very concerned about exposing readers to a bunch of input-that-might-be-fake, or creating a situation where the well-behaved retailers were at a disadvantage.

However, because a number of readers had posted helpful comments & reviews, and I didn't want to see it all vanish into oblivion permanently, I kept a backup around. What you're seeing now is that backup (almost 7 years old now - don't ask how I managed to get it running again...). Things are a bit scattered, and you can't post anything new (the buttons have all been disabled), but the original content is here if you're interested.

Extra charge for high astigmatism?

EyeglassRetailerReviews.com Forum Index -> Goggles4u
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AuthorMessage
jps

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:27 pmMar 03, 2006    Post subject: Extra charge for high astigmatism?

First of all, thank you to the administrator for the site and the forums. I just had cataract surgery which (of course) changed my prescription, so I'm in the market for multiple pairs of eyeglasses.

I have a lot of astigmatism (3.25) in one eye. Zenni charges an extra $9, and some other sites won't even accept my prescription.

There is no mention of astigmatism or extra charges at Goggles4U. Does anyone know if they accept high astigmatism prescriptions, and if there is an extra charge? Thanks.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:23 amMar 05, 2006    Post subject:

I'll try to find out for you.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:47 amMar 05, 2006    Post subject:

I inquired, and the reply I got was as follows:

Please let us have the complete prescription and we will let you know if we can produce it or not. We have our own lab where we produce our own custom lenses for very high or difficult prescription.

Their email address is info@goggles4u.com. You'll have to send the full prescription details there to find out for sure.

Let us know how it turns out.

Good luck!
jps

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:20 amMar 05, 2006    Post subject:

will do, thanks!
jps

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:25 pmMar 05, 2006    Post subject:

I sent my full prescription and received the following:

Quote:

Dear Client,
We can produce your glasses without any problem.

For what it's worth, I have high astigmatism (-3.25) in one eye. No other numbers are "unusual".

I have to check to be sure, but believe this makes Goggles4U the cheapest option for me, a few dollars cheaper than Zenni.

Thanks again for this site; very useful information.
jps

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:57 amMar 10, 2006    Post subject:

Well, I placed an order for transitions lenses and got the following response:

Quote:
Dear Client,
This refers to your above order.

Regret to inform you that we can not offer glasses in your prescription in plastic lenses sun sensor gray. We can only offer your prescription in plastic lenses. Please let us know if you would like to accept. Remaining amount will refund back to you.

We apologize for this inconvenience.

Too bad, because I really liked the frame. I've had transitions lenses in the past, so it must be something in their setup that cannot manufacture them.

They did get back to me in less than 24 hours, so I can't complain about the timing.

Oh well, I'll just have to look elsewhere ...
jps

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:00 pmMar 10, 2006    Post subject:

Received confirmation of order cancellation just a few hours later.

Though things didn't work out for me, my experience with Goggles4U was positive. I would order from them again (just not transitions Laughing ).
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:23 pmMar 12, 2006    Post subject:

Glad your experience has been good, althought it's unfortunate you couldn't get the glasses done. For the most part, I've heard that people have had pretty good experiences with the Goggles4u support.
EyeglassRetailerReviews.com Forum Index -> Goggles4uAll times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Finished with the forums? Click here to head back to the main Eyeglass Retailer Reviews site.