Forum Archive

You're at the forum archive. The forums were taken down years ago due to some unfortunate astroturfing attempts by a couple retailers. At the time, I was very concerned about exposing readers to a bunch of input-that-might-be-fake, or creating a situation where the well-behaved retailers were at a disadvantage.

However, because a number of readers had posted helpful comments & reviews, and I didn't want to see it all vanish into oblivion permanently, I kept a backup around. What you're seeing now is that backup (almost 7 years old now - don't ask how I managed to get it running again...). Things are a bit scattered, and you can't post anything new (the buttons have all been disabled), but the original content is here if you're interested.

Beware: you may receive an empty package!

EyeglassRetailerReviews.com Forum Index -> Goggles4u
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AuthorMessage
huangm01

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:13 pmJun 26, 2006    Post subject: Beware: you may receive an empty package!

Hello all,

I have a very strange story to tell. I recently (3-4 weeks ago) placed 2 separate orders for me and my husband (under different names and different email addresses since they were to be sent to 2 different locations-one West Coast, the other East Coast). They completely screwed that up. My glasses were sent to my husband and his never showed up in either location.

I emailed them to complain about the missing glasses and the shipping mishap. Waited for 2 days and heard nothing. Sent them another email and received a reply within 10 minutes that his glasses would arrive in 5 days.

Today, my husband checks his mail and received a box. He was VERY excited (since I am actually quite happy with my pair). But when he opened the box, it was EMPTY! Completely EMPTY!!! What kind of business sends out empty packages?!?

Has anybody else experienced something similar to this? I was excited and planning to purchase more pairs, but now I'm definitely going somewhere else and would recommend anyone who reads this to do the same and boycott Goggles4U!

-Melissa
(New York, NY)
sliq

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 3:50 amDec 23, 2006    Post subject:

Did you get this resolved?
huangm01

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 10:47 amMay 26, 2007    Post subject:

hello, sorry for this late post.

yes, the issue FINALLY was resolved.

after the empty box incident, i emailed goggles4u and they said that the previous frame was no longer available. they asked me to choose a new frame and claimed they would ship it out immendiately. after 2 weeks passed (the original empty box arrived after 1 week), we were fed up and requested a refund. they gave us our refund... but several days later, we received the glasses!

so all in all, a very frustrating experience that was counteracted with a free nice pair of glasses.

BUT we will be trying another site next...
EyeglassRetailerReviews.com Forum Index -> Goggles4uAll times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Finished with the forums? Click here to head back to the main Eyeglass Retailer Reviews site.