Forum Archive

You're at the forum archive. The forums were taken down years ago due to some unfortunate astroturfing attempts by a couple retailers. At the time, I was very concerned about exposing readers to a bunch of input-that-might-be-fake, or creating a situation where the well-behaved retailers were at a disadvantage.

However, because a number of readers had posted helpful comments & reviews, and I didn't want to see it all vanish into oblivion permanently, I kept a backup around. What you're seeing now is that backup (almost 7 years old now - don't ask how I managed to get it running again...). Things are a bit scattered, and you can't post anything new (the buttons have all been disabled), but the original content is here if you're interested.

customer review

EyeglassRetailerReviews.com Forum Index -> SelectSpecs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AuthorMessage
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:47 pmAug 07, 2008    Post subject: customer review

An individual sent me an email asking to post their experience in the forums. They sent the following:

Quote:
I cannot recommend Selectspecs. My glasses came on time and the price seemed right. However, upon opening the packaging, there was a very strong, offensive chemical odor accompanying the glasses. I ‘aired them out’ for two days, but could still smell them across three rooms in an open air apartment. I must say that after 2-3 days, the airborne odor had diminished some. But later, after wearing the glasses for about an hour, the odor was on my skin and hair. Since there is only a 7-day time for returns, I emailed the problem and returned the glasses, asking the company to check for toxic paint: this company ships direct from Hong Kong, so I worried about China’s record for substituting toxic chemicals in order to hold down costs. Otherwise, I asked them to replace the glasses as defective OR to return them to me with a full disclosure on the chemicals used in the preparation of the lenses. I suspect the photo-chromatic coating was the source of the odor. I got no satisfaction on any request. The customer service was borderline polite and stonewalled reasonable efforts to get what I had ordered. They came out ahead, keeping over $90 for which I have nothing to show for.

Try a different online company, my husband did and he got two great pairs of glasses stateside.
[/quote]
EyeglassRetailerReviews.com Forum Index -> SelectSpecsAll times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Finished with the forums? Click here to head back to the main Eyeglass Retailer Reviews site.