Forum Archive

You're at the forum archive. The forums were taken down years ago due to some unfortunate astroturfing attempts by a couple retailers. At the time, I was very concerned about exposing readers to a bunch of input-that-might-be-fake, or creating a situation where the well-behaved retailers were at a disadvantage.

However, because a number of readers had posted helpful comments & reviews, and I didn't want to see it all vanish into oblivion permanently, I kept a backup around. What you're seeing now is that backup (almost 7 years old now - don't ask how I managed to get it running again...). Things are a bit scattered, and you can't post anything new (the buttons have all been disabled), but the original content is here if you're interested.

Prescription wrong...no response yet.

EyeglassRetailerReviews.com Forum Index -> Goggles4u
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AuthorMessage
Jockey

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:38 pmJan 06, 2007    Post subject: Prescription wrong...no response yet.

I just finished emailing info@goggles4u for the second time this week trying to get a response as to what I should do now that my glasses have arrived and the prescription is not correct.

I had an eye-care professional check the glasses for me. He "spotted" them...and showed me that one lense was tilted downward towards the outside, and the other lense was shifted outwards thereby making the PD at least 7mm greater than what was requested on the order form. The prescription was for no-line bifocals.

I tried contacting goggles4u through the customer services section of their website first. A couple of days after that I emailed them directly. Today, another couple of days later, I have just emailed them again.

I'm beginning to get a really bad feeling about this. Especially, after having found some other "review" site where (I'm pretty sure that) 5 of 6 reviewers were extremely dissatisfied with goggles4u.

A low price with good product is a bargain. A low price with bad product is a waste.

I will follow up to this post if they make things right, otherwise assume the worst.

I'm hoping that they live up to their 100% satisfaction guarantee.
sliq

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:36 amJan 09, 2007    Post subject:

same issue. (check a few posts down) they insist that it's the right description but I can obviously tell it's off. They offered to give me a refund.. which i'll take and go somewhere else..

when it's cheap.. I guess you end getting what you paid for..
Jockey

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:07 pmJan 09, 2007    Post subject: Response received.

Today, I received responses from both Goggles4u and CCNow, whom I had also contacted (and threatened not to pay...I had never done that before in my life, honest.).

Goggles4u claimed that they had sent an earlier email to me. (All I know is that I did not get it).

They apologized profusely, and asked me to pick out some frames (2 of them) so that they could manufacture and send to me one replacement pair of glasses "as soon as possible". (I suspect that the reason for picking out 2 frames is because they do run out of stock and didn't want to have to ask me again for yet another set of frames.)

They also asked me to verify my prescription via my reply email. Which, I did gladly by copying and pasting it from my original CCNow confirmation since it was correct in the first place. (Yes, I did check to make sure).

I even went so far as to highlight the PD which should have been used on the first pair...and requested that they specifically use that PD in the manufacture of the new lenses.

One other thing...I sent a cc to my O.D. of my email to Goggles4u (complete with my prescription), and I sent a copy of that email to the customer service person at CCNow that had helped me out. I figured that it was better to dot all of the i's and cross all of the t's...just in case.

So now we wait...and hope...that all is done correctly. Which is all I ever wanted in the first place. Cross your fingers. I'll let you know what happens...in a few weeks...or possibly more.
Jockey

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:36 pmJan 23, 2007    Post subject: Replacement glasses arrived today.

I received my replacement pair of glasses in the mail today (surprised that they arrived so quickly) and brought them to the vision center to have the prescription checked out. They seem(ed) to provide much better overall vision than the first pair.

I was told the the left lense might be a little weak, but is still within acceptable tolerances. Also, the PD was measured at 69...still not the 66 which I had explicitly asked for. But, much better than the 73-74 measured on the first pair.

I am able to read with them without any noticeable difficulty.

One more thing. The glasses came with magnetic clip-on sunglasses...which would be great except that the plastic seems to have been stressed and/or somewhat scratched. I don't wear sunglasses much, so it's not a big deal. I might try wearing them while driving sometime, but the scratches do seem to remove some sharpness in details.

Bottom line...this pair while not completely perfect, is acceptable.

Good luck everybody.
hund_

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:25 pmMar 01, 2007    Post subject:

i love how people buy stuff online and expect a local eye-care professional to check it for them Evil or Very Mad
if you cant check it yourself than you should'nt buy it Cool
Jockey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:17 amMar 02, 2007    Post subject: And now...The rest of the story!

Firstly, I mentioned the fact because I felt that it was a necessary part of accurately recounting the story.

Secondly, my local eyecare professional happens to be a personal friend for whom I do professional work...Gratis! I'm quite certain that it was considered a minor reciprocity.

Thirdly, you are always free to decline. Actually, I suspect that you should probably get used to it...declining...that is.
EyeglassRetailerReviews.com Forum Index -> Goggles4uAll times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Finished with the forums? Click here to head back to the main Eyeglass Retailer Reviews site.